Thursday, August 27, 2009

My PortraiNet

I guess technically I didn't create this, but in a weird way I also kind of did! So it still counts as an official blog post.



MIT's latest gizmo, Persona, provides you with your online identity
by tabulating information and showing you how the Internet sees you. The first image shows MIT working hard gathering my data
(the program itself is quite beautiful to look at).



This image is my online portrait. I guess you can conclude that Persona exposes how little we can trust digital history compared to oral/written history at this point. I think it actually tells us the exact opposite - that oral and written history are loose interpretations of mankind's exact historical past, based solely on perceptions.

It's good to see design squeezed in at the end like an afterthought...
(Click to enlarge)

0 comments:

Post a Comment